Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Busy Weekend...




GU, THE GREAT CHIWEENIE (DOG)
Weekends are always busy...but having to drive a lifetime away to get to a bike race is tough on all of us. Cub and I got to ride with the Girls' Varsity race. I don't think Cub could keep up with them, but he tried. The wind was epic. Horses, Cow dung, and wildflowers were giving me a ride to remember. Too bad we had to finish.

Later that weekend we headed to the Poppy Reserve. YES, dogs are not allowed (I think they are specieist). The ranger let Chomps and I go as long as we stayed in the packs. I enjoyed it, but I think Chomps is struggling with this active lifestyle.

CUB (PERSON)
Weekends are always busy, but when I have to drive the 3 sleeping amigos (Megan, GU and CHOMPS) for 16+ hours in 3 days, I'm beat. Gu and I got to sweep the Girls' Varsity race at Warner Springs. GU loved it when I hated it. GU loved it when I loved it (downhills with tailwind). Good job all those who battled that wind.



Chomps seemed to be pooped and missed me and Gu. He climbed up on my shoulder so I wouldn't leave. The poppy reserve left him and the rest of us even more tired. The poppies were out and looking pretty good this year. NO DOGS allowed, but since we were traveling through and it was hot out, the ranger let us take them in our packs. They fear the dogs being bit by rattlesnakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment