Friday, March 13, 2009

WHAT'S MINE IS YOURS...ONLY IF I SAY SO



GU - THE GREAT CHIWEENIE (DOG)

"What's mine is yours," I told Cub by placing my chew bone by his foot. He seemed stressed out looking for all the stuff he needs for tax time. He thanked me for my willingness to share, "thanks Gu, but no thanks. You can keep chewing on it."

While Cub has been battling with his own demons, I've been working hard to hold my ground on the local turf wars. There has been a BIG older dog that has been trying to work me over and take the pavement and bushes that were by all means, MINE!

I've been drinking water by the tub and eating everything I can, just for that opportunity to go outside and mark my land. I even speak my mind when I hear the BULLY outside trying to take my bushes and poles.

Cub lets me out almost every time I speak. "Well, let's go see what's out there," he would say and I would rush down the stairs and out the door. I'd look down the drive and one time we had a showdown. I think I scared him off for good...we'll see.

CUB - THE RIDER WITHOUT A NAME (PERSON)


What's mine is now my endless search for receipts for the tax man. It has been stressing me out. I think even GU could see my frustration as I looked through all the piles of papers in the house. He probably thought I was sniffing around for food as I was down on all fours scouring through the piles.

I felt a quick soft touch on the back of my leg, so I looked over. Gu dropped his yellow chew bone at my feet and even though I appreciated the gesture, I really didn't want it, "thanks Gu, but no thanks. You can keep chewing on it." He then proceeded to chew the bone for the next hour.

Other than that, Gu has been the other species on a mission. I think he was purposely drinking as much water as he could, just so he could mark his territory outside. Our neighbors 3 doors down were around for the week and their little dog seemed to like Gu's favorite pee spots. And somehow, Gu has been pooping 4 times a day vs. the normal 2.

They did have a standoff the other day. Gu rarely barks, but does when he feels his territory is being approached on. He won't stop barking until I let him out to prove the scary threats are long gone. But ONCE, the small neighborly dog was sitting on the long drive. Gu stared. The other dog stared back. GU GROWLED. THE OTHER DOG GROWLED BACK. Gu ran back inside the house. I don't think he'll be back out there any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment