Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I COULD HAVE DONE MORE.

INTERVIEWS WITH CUB AND GU (SAME QUESTIONS, BUT ASKED WHEN THEY WERE AWAY FROM EACH OTHER).

Question 1: You finished 3 laps in the 8 hour mountain bike race and you still had 3.5 hours left, why did you quit there?

GU (dog) - I could have done more, but Cub's steering in between the tree wasn't going too well. At one point he tried to run me into a tree, but luckily I moved to the other side. I think he decided that the trail was too hard for him.

CUB (person) - I could have done more, but GU kept moving the wrong directions to catch new smells right when there were trees lining the trails. We were on a technical swoopy trail that my handlebars barely fit between the tree and then he switched and ran me right into a tree. I think he was tired, so I decided we should be done.

Question 2: You stayed to watch the 24 hour race as well, what was your most memorable moment for the weekend?

GU (dog) - Dinner. (thanks Jim Northey)

CUB (person) - After seeing the legendary Tinker Juarez finish, we rode by his RV and introduced ourselves to him, his family and mechanic. He was lifting his son for a picture with GU and he had to hold him up for about 5 minutes. Tinker then said, "I'm a little tired here." Maybe it wasn't the best time to have him pose for pics...he did just ride for 24 hours and rode way over 200 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment