Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Who takes care of who (whom?)?

GU, the GREAT CHIWEENIE (dog)

(Saturday) Cub gets home and looks like someone punched him in the face a couple of times. He takes me out and then heads straight to the refillable flushing drinking bowl. He comes out and falls asleep. He wakes up and goes and sits by the refillable flushing drinking bowl, occasionally looking in (I think he was thinking of taking a drink).

He stumbles over to the foot of the bed and doesn't make it. His head is on the blankets and he keeps closing his eyes. I went over and did doggie first aid. Soon, he got up and made it to bed. Don't tell him, but he still looked like someone beat him up.

CUB, the sick rider (human)

It all started when I got stung in between the eyes by a bee thursday night on a downhill while we were riding our bikes. Saturday after the meet my eyes and face still swollen I had the shakes. I spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom. Sweat was pouring out of my body despite the shivering and chicken skin. After sitting by the toilet for almost an hour, thinking I was going to see lunch again, I tried to make it back to bed.

I don't remember what happened except I was laying on the floor at the foot of the bed and every time I wanted to close my eyes GU would lick my whole face. After about an hour of this process, I started to feel better and made it to bed. By 9pm I was feeling alive, not great, but enough to watch some shows on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment